KidFix i-Size - Cosmos Black
KidFix i-Size - Cosmos Black
The KIDFIX i-SIZE has been designed and approved to the new i-Size standard, making it Britax Römer's safest KIDFIX* to date. Every feature on the seat has been developed with one thing in mind - maximum protection. The proven technologies of XP-PAD, SICT and SecureGuard, now combined with the redesigned seating area for optimum crash performance, offer all-round protection. The KIDFIX i-SIZE, is Britax Romers first 100% carbon neutral product! Making it the perfect choice keeping safety you can trust as well as sustainability in mind.
*Safest KIDFIX to date during internal tests, Britax Römer 2021
Features and Benefits
- Suitable from 3.5 years - 12 years | 100 - 150 cm | 15 - 36 kg
- Comfort and practicality come as standard with the KIDFIX i-SIZE. The generously padded soft fabric covers and carefully placed air ventilation holes on the shell ensure your child travels in comfort for longer. The slim design of the seat allows for three KIDFIX i-SIZE seats to be installed in the back row of a wide range of cars, whilst the headrest markings help the parents find the right headrest height every single time.
- The cleverly engineered KIDFIX i-SIZE weighs around 1.3 kg lighter than its predecessor, and is designed and made in the Britax Römer factory in Germany – helping with shorter transport routes and minimising the impact on the environment. We’ve also replaced our packaging with sustainable options: you’ll find the KIDFIX i-SIZE packed in plant-based bags and recycled cartons from responsible sources. Even the mighty swift tags we use to attach product information are biodegradable on soil, resulting in no microplastics entering the ecosystem.
- Despite good planning and careful driving, you can never prepare for a collision. To protect your child's sensitive neck area in case of a frontal impact, Britax Römer has developed a shock-absorbing foam pad. It prevents the impact of your child's chin on their chest, absorbing up to 30% * of the energy. A jerky forward head movement is reduced and the neck is protected. At the same time it provides additional padding around the edges of the seat belt.
- The SICT offers superior protection to your child in the event of a side collision. It reduces impact forces by minimising the distance between the car and the car seat and deforms to absorb the energy before it reaches your little one.
- The SecureGuard helps to protect your child’s delicate abdominal area by adding an extra – a 4th – contact point to the 3-point seat belt. By keeping the lap belt in an optimal position over your child’s pelvic bones SecureGuard helps reduce abdominal forces in the event of a frontal collision by up to 35 %*, and at the same time allows your child freedom of movement during the journey.
- The headrest is designed specifically for the comfort of older children and can easily be adjusted to the correct position. Helpful markings at the back of the headrest guide parents to find the right headrest height every single time when they change the seat between cars or transport multiple children in the same seat.
- Carefully placed air ventilation holes aid air circulation to keep your child comfortable for longer.
- The seat's slim and compact design allows for three seats to be installed in the back row of a wide range of cars.
- Things can get messy in the car – drinks can spill and children can get car sick. That’s why Britax Römer designed a machine washable seat cover that can easily be removed, so you can clean up quick and get on your way.
- A highback booster protects your child in 3 ways: the seat shell provides head to hip protection for your child, especially in the event of a side impact; the upper and lower belt guides provide correct positioning of the seat belt; and the padded headrest provides safety and comfort for your child’s head and neck.
- Developed in partnership with leading car manufacturers
- XP-PAD absorbs up to 30% energy in frontal impact*
- SICT reduces the side impact forces by up to 40%*
- SecureGuard reduces abdominal forces by up to 35%*
- * Britax Römer internal tests and simulations
- Weight: 6.7 kg
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 63 – 83 x 48 x 43 cm